Re: Insert Rate/Second

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michael McMullen <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is good for one time inserts. It becomes less
> accurate once the query
> gets into the shared pool, but you can still use it
> as a base.
> select substr(sql_text,14,instr(sql_text,'(')-16)
> table_name,rows_processed,
>
> round((sysdate-to_date(first_load_time,'yyyy-mm-dd
> hh24:mi:ss'))*24*60,1)
> minutes,

trunc(rows_processed/((sysdate-to_date(first_load_time,'yyyy-mm-dd
> hh24:mi:ss'))*24*60)) rows_per_min
>
> from v$sqlarea where sql_text like 'INSERT%'
>
> and command_type = 2 and open_versions > 0

Thanks Michael.  This looks good.

This has confused me somewhat though.  I would have
thought that there would be a 1-to-1 ratio between
executions-to-rows processed for insert statements.
If I add the executions column in the above statement,
why do I see more rows processed then executions?

That's what I had based my original logic on.  Number
of executions of a particular statement divided by the
elapsed_time to get how fast an insert occurs.  What
am I missing?

--
mohammed

http://mail.yahoo.com