RE: Index compression on Oracle 9.2

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:23:16 -0600

Read up on MetaLink about it.  I had looked into it too for some GB
indexes, but I seem to remember that most/all of the ONLINE options no
longer work, plus there'll be obvious CPU usage because it'll need to
uncompress for every read and compress for every write.  The few GBs of
storage to be saved (in our case, a max of 1 GB) wasn't worth the hassle
to me.  YMMV

GL!

Rich