RE: I'll buy you dinner if you can help me with strace/java ETIMEDOUT challenge :)

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iperegudov@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:50:20 -0500

The problem is more of a challenge which is:  How to reduce overhead in the
java engine for a heavily utilized java app that executes around 200 jdbc
connections during a 4 hour batch window.

So the effort is to skinny down what java is doing by "not doing work that is
not needed".

iptables is off for the database servers.

Chris