Identify the User & the SQL Generating tons of Redo

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:52:39 -0400

Greetings,

Is there a simple/SQL (other than Logminer) to Identify the User(s)
and the affending SQL thats generating tons of REDO.

It so happend last week that one of our DBs  started generating lot of
redologs , at one tme it became difficult to manage the free space for
archived  log files.

We never see more than 300+ archived redolog files in  day, that day
we just crossed half day and we had already crossed 500+ archived
redologs.

Generally we will have around 300+ connections, but for some strange
reason, we had 600+ connections. I cannot go and kill the connections
unless I bring all the users and DEV teams on the call to see what
they are trying to do.

Nobody came forward to tell that they may be running  a batch job.
This is Orlace 9i and HP box. I couldn't see any thing specific at the
unix level, when i searched sql_text, I found
a few  INSERT statements ...

I would like to know if there is a SQL way in 8i and 9i to identify
the users and SQL that's generating the REDO.

I was trying to hit the  long running jobs... I couldn't figure out...
--
Regards & Thanks
BN