RE: IMPDP blocking itself?

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:11:22 -0400

Hi Rich,

I had seen that bug but dismissed it as not likely relevant. It seems to be
pretty specific to the import of a table. In our case, we had gotten past the
table data each time we tried.

We did find a way past it, but I do not at this point know which of the three
things we did were the answer. Bah.

1) we set cluster_database to false
2) we increased parallel from 8 to 16
3) we excluded a view and a package that seemed like they might be at the root
of the dependency chain - the other objects that we saw being compiled all
reference these two objects.

Some combination of those three got us past it. wish I knew which one, but no
one felt we had the time to do one-at-a-time testing and figure out exactly
which of these were our culprit.

stephan

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services
7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | 7 443.285.8000x2760 | 
443.285.6505