Re: How to store 50 Terabytes per day?

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:10:48 -0600

Well, what else should we do with 26 hours notice of the end of the world?
No, don't answer that, please...  :-)

Have you ever read "On The Beach" by Nevil Shute?

Alternatively, the person who first documented the concept of communications
satellites (Arthur C. Clarke in a 1946 sci-fi short story) also provided the
problem and a solution to NEO's in his novel "Rendezvous with Rama"...