RE: How to search on LONG datatype column

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:43:04 -0700

Oracle text was born as the context option which cost money.  It was =
then renamed Intermedia with the 8.0 rdbms release and still cost money. =
 Howevever with the 8.1 rdbms release folks holding EE licenses  could =
use Intermedia without charge.  Intermedia was renamed Oracle Text with =
the 9.0 rdbms release.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx