How to get rid of invalidated V$sql entries

  • From: Alfonso León <aleon68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:39:31 -0500

Hello:

I have some questions:

1. We have a java tool that makes queries to the Databas (9.2.0.6).
When I check in the v$sql view at 5pm I can see there are entries
since 8:30 in the morning, with 0 executions and other fields, I guess
they=B4re invalidated or just old, but when would the dissapear? Ther is
a way to get rid of that entries.

2. Oracle says that V$sqlarea is an aggregate of V$sql but when I do a
sum of the sharable_mem of the active entries of a hash_value the
result is different of the sharable_mem of the V$sqlarea.

I will appreciate your ideas.

--=20
Alfonso Leon