RE: How to get a 10053 trace on a recursive query

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:09:21 -0700

You're right that the 10046 trace shown below was only soft parsed, but
when I ran the 10053 trace I flushed the shared pool first and checked
to make sure the recursive query was hard parsed, but it still didn't
show up in the 10053 trace file.

Thanks anyway,
Brandon

From: Alex Gorbachev [mailto:ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Well, it's soft parse probably so shouldn't produce any trace on 10053
event.
Not sure if it will produce anything even if ti's hard parsed first time
but that's an idea to try at least.