Re: How to get a 10053 trace on a recursive query

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

I also thought that parameter determined all recursive SQLs' optimizer mode.
Now I think it probably only applies to *user* recursive SQLs, code in PL/SQL,
in trigger body, etc. I tested setting it false and changed my session
optimizer_mode to first_rows. The SQL inside my PL/SQL anonymous block is still
first_rows. This probably means the parameter when set to false does not
guaranetee different optimizer mode between SQL and user recursive SQL; they
may end up to be the same.

I don't think there's a way to force *system* recursive SQLs to use a certain
mode.

Yong Huang

On 4/30/08, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gilles, yes that parameter is defaulted to TRUE in my 10.2.0.3
> system, but it is apparently not working so maybe it's a bug.
>
> NAME                                     DESCRIPTION
> SYSTEM_VALUE
> _optimizer_mode_force                    force setting of optimizer mode
> for user recursive TRUE
>                                          SQL also
>
> I'll try changing it at the session level and see if it makes any
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

Be a better friend, newshound, and