RE: How to determine if a relink is necessary?

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:51 -0500

Ethan,

    First off, what crashes, the app or the database.  If it's the app
then that should be relinked if the database then there is where a
relink should be done.  But first off, what are the Oracle errors that
the app is receiving?  You can be having an overflow of a double coming
from the database into an integer in the app.  Has happen to me in the
past, and that's not a DBA problem.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the