Re: How to coalesce an LMT TS to drop extra datafiles?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:54:50 -0600 (CST)

Wolfgang posts:

> I forgot ( to mention ) that "rebuild index(es)" part of the alter table
> move operation.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to move the tables
once shrunk.  But as MOVE operations require exclusive locks during the
operation, I was considering DBMS_REDEFINITION.  (DB is EE if there's
restrictions)  I like the idea of online moving all segments to the new TS
then taking a short outage to rename/cleanup/etc.

Anyone used that package before?  Any gotchas or bugs?

Thanks all for the input so far!

Rich