Re: How login as sysdba with sqlnet.authentication=none

  • From: "Eric Jenkinson" <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:58:45 -0500

How can you login with sysdba when SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION is set to NONE?

We have a server that got put into a different domain.  In order for users
outside the domain to connect, we had to change SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION from
{NTS} to {NONE}.  With the authentication set to NONE, I can no longer
connect as sysdba.

Logged into the server as Oracle or myself, I get ORA-01031: insufficient
privileges when trying to login in with any of the following combinations:

SQL> connect /as sysdba
SQL> connect sys/sys_passwd as sysdba
SQL> connect sys /as sysdba

The second and third lines listed above should prompt you for the password
and allow you to connect, providing your user is in the ORA_DBA group.

For RMAN you have to provide the user name and password;

c:\sql>rman

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Apr 13 11:54:49
2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

RMAN> connect target /

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

RMAN> connect target sys/<password>

connected to target database: ORCL (DBID=1133000557)

RMAN>