Re: How login as sysdba with sqlnet.authentication=none

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric Jenkinson" <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:20:49 -0700

On 4/13/07, Eric Jenkinson <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting. On my Linux machines if SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE),
I get the same behavor in RMAN as I did on Windows. If
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(BEQ,NONE), then I get the same behavior
you showed. What is your SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES set to?

It is set to default (BEQ) on Linux, NTS on Windows.

Turning off authentication services causes RMAN to require a password.

--
Jared Still