Re: How can I get information about space within a cluster

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:09:13 +0000

That's correct, you allocate space to the cluster, not to the individual
tables within it.  Hence  my suggestion that you needed to look at
DBA_SEGMENTS since storage is allocated to each segment whether
table,index,cluster or whatever else I have forgotten about.

On 12/8/06, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mark,

Thanks. It does help. Based on what you have said though it sounds like
the
most I can see is the space allocated
to the whole cluster, but I can not break it down by the table. Am I
correct here?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Bobak, Mark"
             <Mark.Bobak@xxxxx
             oquest.com>                                                To
                                       <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             12/08/2006 11:56          >, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: How can I get information about
                                       space within a cluster

Space is allocated to a cluster, not to tables within the cluster.  If
you query on cluster_name, sum(bytes) where segment_type='CLUSTER',
you'll see how much space is allocated to each cluster.  To see what
tables are in a given cluster, query on table_name from dba_tables where
cluster_name = 'your cluster'.

Does that help?

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005