Re: How can I create a case-insensitive database in oracle?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:35:30 +0100

Assuming that you mean you want to make all string data case
insensitive and that the requirement has come from developers who
don't want to check their inputs for case errors (though I bet they
want to say business logic is an application function) then a check
constraint on each column that the inserted/updated value is equal to
its uppercase representation is a start. Then they'll have to either
check for the constraint failing or start discussions with you about
database input validation aka constraints.

On 7/20/09, Roger Xu <wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I have read the following but I am looking for a way to create a
> case-insensitive database. Is it even possible?
> Thanks,
> Roger Xu

Sent from Google Mail for mobile |

Niall Litchfield