Re: How To Run Unix Applications From The Database

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:23:18 +0100

Hi.

If you don't need an instant response, the I prefer the job as it is
native functionality.

If you need to wait for the action to complete and use the response
from it, then I prefer the Java approach.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/ShellCommandsFromPLSQL.php

Just be careful about who you allow to use it as it can be *extremely
distructive* in the wrong hands. The permissions described in the
article allow someone to access any file and run pretty much any
command on the system.

Cheers

Tim...