Help needed with rman backup of activated standby

  • From: "Hitchman, Peter" <Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:01:42 -0000

Hi,
My rman resource is on holiday....

I have activated a standby database, which now takes over from the original.
I want to back it up in rman, but when I try I get:-
"RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20003: target
data
base incarnation not found in recovery catalog"

So I need to register the activated standby database. Do I need to
unregister the old one first? What steps should I take?

Yours in ignorance.

Pete

[END]