Re: Grid Control on IBM Aix

  • From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:11:20 -0500

Tom,

We have the gc 10g running on a windows server and 10g agents on aix, windows and solaris servers - no problems.

I had a duplicate oms running on an aix server when we were running oem 9i but had problems with it so I stopped using it. I forget what the problems were. Didn't have problems with the 9i oem on windows.

Joe

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:
All,
Is anyone running grid control on an Aix box? I had version 1 running on one Aix box here and it crashed the server every morning, so I deinstalled it. I am hesitant to install it again.

Right now, we are running individual db consoles for our V10 databases. And 9i OEM also is able to connect to these databases. But I get the feeling that multiple db consoles is beginning to hurt us a little bit here. Is grid control stable enough for an AIX machine? Thanks

Tom