Re: Good books for Amatuer DBA/Middle level DBA

  • From: "Finn Jorgensen" <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:36:44 -0500

This is the best advice out there. So many fundamental things in this manual
that too many DBA's don't understand. Until it became popular to certify,
most DBA's I interviewed didn't know what happened during a startup nomount
vs. mount, vs open. Now most DBA's knows this, but there's still a lot of
stuff in this manual that's gold.

Finn