Global Temporary Tables, and Analyze

  • From: Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:42:38 -0500

Oracle 9.2.0.5.0 RAC.

We have an analyze job using dbms_stats every Thursday. I noticed some
temporary tables in the SYS schema like ORA_TEMP_1_DS, which were generated
on the days the analyze was run. Now, these tables dont exist for every
day, just for some of the days. And all the analyze jobs have been
successful.

So, why does Oracle not drop these temporary tables (on some days) after
the analyze has completed successfully? Anyone else encounter this?

Regards
Raj