Fwd: join query

  • From: "Ingrid Voigt" <giantpanda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:16:33 +0100

Why don't you want the result to look like

pos_id      case_id           box_id

2               C1                  B2
2               C2                  B1
2                                     B3
2                                     B3

Is there an order or something hidden between case_id and box_id?

And where does B3 come from, it's not in the box table?

Regards
Ingrid

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:28:50 -0600
Von: "Krishan Gupta" <krishan.gupta@xxxxxxxx>
An: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: join query

Hi all..,

This may be very simple but I guess I need experts help for the
following  in oracle 10g database :-

select * from xx_case;

pos_id       case_id

2                C1

2                C2

select * from xx_box;

pos_id       box_id

2                B1

2                B2

The only common column between these two tables is pos_id.

How do I write query from these two tables so that the output result
would be

pos_id      case_id           box_id

2               C1                  B1

2               C2                  B2

2                                     B3

2                                     B3

Thanks and Regards

Krishan

--
NUR NOCH BIS 31.01.! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a