Re: Future of Oracle DBA - Man vs Machine

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 07:28:17 -0400

Because of my DBA background, I am naturally paranoid and don't trust anyone, not even Oracle database developers. I firmly believe that each minor update should be tested on TEST/DEV instance. Major things, like patch bundles and upgrades should undergo rigorous testing on TEST/DEV, QA and UAT before being applied to production. But that's just me.

On 10/05/2017 02:28 AM, Hemant K Chitale wrote:

How confident are those in the Oracle Database Core Development team (not referring to the VPs/SVPs reporting to the CxOs) ?  Can they deliver automated patching that doesn't cause plan flips on critical SQLs (and each application / implementation has a different list of critical SQLs) or any outages ?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA