RE: Funny oracle character...

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:40:30 -0500

Thanks Jacques and all who replied.  That is what we thought but we wanted
to be sure.  The developer is new to Oracle.

Regards,
Ruth

From: Stephen Peterson [mailto:speterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/02-nov/o62sql_online.html

Using Intervals

Intervals can be used for many things, but in this article I'm going to
focus on datetime arithmetic. If you think about it, intervals are really
nothing new. Consider the following code, which computes the difference
between two dates in order to come up with the number of days in the year
2000:

DECLARE
   begin_2000 DATE := TO_DATE('1-Jan-2000','dd-Mon-yyyy');
   begin_2001 DATE := TO_DATE('1-Jan-2001','dd-Mon-yyyy');
   days_in_2000 NUMBER;
BEGIN
   days_in_2000 := begin_2001 Ð begin_2000;
END;
/