Re: Finding out what user oracle is installed under

  • From: Grant Allen <gxallen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 05:51:45 +1100

John Dunn wrote:
Is there a database query that will tell me what Unix account oracle is installed under? I know that in most cases this will be oracle, but is there a database query that will tell me?

This is more a SQL*Plus+shell command rather than a query, but if you're worried about the case of installed account not matching running account, you could always:

SQL> ! ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle | awk '{print $3}'
oracle

I'll leave relevant changes as an exercise for the reader if your operating system promises you "genuine advantage" :-)

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)