Re: Find accessed partitions

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:38:54 -0700 (PDT)

Alex,

If event 10128 is too resource intensive, and if each of the partitions uses
its own tablespace, you can bring some tablespaces offline to see if the query
fails to read a datafile. Try half of possible partitions at a time to speed up
the research. If the partitions are in one tablespace but you can afford moving
them to their own tablespaces, you can work that way too.

I wish we could change a partition to offline or unusuable.

Other than that, you may guess the partitions by checking the file and block
numbers in v$bh (or x$bh) when the query is running. But it's possible you miss
one or two and may be labor-intensive.

Yong Huang