Re: Fast Growing Shared Pool

  • From: Purav Chovatia <puravc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:36:18 +0530

Thanks Niall.
Found an SP which is called from a perl script at regular intervals without
binding variables.

But pls see below:

SQL> select sum(sharable_mem), sum(persistent_mem), sum(runtime_mem) from
v$sql
            where substr(sql_text,1,27)='<The Culprit SP>';

SUM(SHARABLE_MEM) SUM(PERSISTENT_MEM) SUM(RUNTIME_MEM)
         59039689             9121536          2773440

SQL>

That does not seem to be much. Could it have resulted in shared pool
growing so much? We have many deployments of this product and have never
seen the shared pool going beyond 500m.

Thanks.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx