Re: FW: batch file scripting

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:00:31 +0200

Very nice script but I use robocopy.exe program (downloaded from the net).
I have a database that the user claimed that someone was deleting records.
I put the database in archive log and had to clean the old logs.
I created a directory named old and did:
robocopy d:\archive d:\old *.arc /mov /minage:2
This moved (no extra space required and is done very fast) files that are older then 2 days with extension arc from directory archive to directory old.
Then I just did:
del d:\old\*.*

Why recreate what is already done?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Sweetser, Joe wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: Sweetser, Joe Sent: Fri 7/21/2006 10:27 AM To: spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx; ORACLE-L Subject: RE: batch file scripting

Usage: <script> <directory> <# days to delete files older than (?)> :-)