FW: Session concept and WSG

  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:55:51 -0000

OK, I see that for each database user connecting through the same DAD
the v$process shows the same OS PID. OCI docs explain more how it is
done at API level (things changed from the last time I used OCI :-) )
Anyway, re-authentication seems to be fast enough also it inevitably
adds some overhead of course. How critical this overhead becomes depends
on how loaded the system is.

One larger issue which remains is the fact that only Oracle 10gR2 fixed
one nasty 32K users issue(ORA-600) and one 9i version even was not
capable of exporting more than 32K database users. This only means that
database users is hardly a common choice for large applications.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer