FW: JAVA Developer

  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:44:00 -0000

-----Original Message-----
>Mladen Gogala
>5) After two months of fervent programming, go and ask your project manager
>what the heck did he
   want done, in the first place. This is so called "enigmatic development"
paradigm.

You should not frighten people like that. I was scared to death until after
line 5)

BTW: Jokes aside. Year 2002 I have asked on oracle java developers group a
question "EJB Entity Beans Purpose".
Here bellow is an excellent answer I´ve got. Please note that EJB has already
been arround for a while in the year 2002. Please note the phrase "It is the
first J2EE book that I've ever read that presents the J2EE platform in a way
that is solutions based, instead of technology and specfication-based."
Steve Muench [Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx]

[NOTE: I am in no way related to the author or publisher of this book]

I am heartily enjoying reading the new Wrox book by Rod Johnson called "Expert
One-to-One: J2EE Design and Development"

   http://www.wrox.com/books/1861007841.htm

Here's the table contents:

   http://www.wrox.com/books/toc/1861007841_toc.htm

 It is the first J2EE book that I've ever read that presents the J2EE platform
in a way that is solutions based, instead of technology and specfication-based.
It helps understand when given J2EE technologies are appropriate and when they
are not.

From the introduction of the book, I liked this excerpt:

+-------[ Author: Rod Johnson ]------------------------------------
| I believe that J2EE is the best platform available for enterprise
| software development today. It combines the proven merits of the Java
| programming language with the lessons of enterprise software
| development in the last decade.
|
| Yet this promise is not always fulfilled. The return on investment in
| many J2EE projects is disappointing. Delivered systems are too often
| slow and unduly complex. Development time is often disproportionate to
| the complexity of business requirements.
|
| Why? Not so much because of shortcomings in J2EE as because J2EE is
| often used badly. This often results from approaches to architecture
| and development that ignore real world problems. A major contributing
| factor is the emphasis in many J2EE publications on the J2EE
| specifications rather than the real world problems people use them to
| address. Many issues that commonly arise in real applications are
| simply ignored.

It debunks a lot of myths that we run into every day with customers, and it
backs up a lot of our own hard-learned experiences of doing effective J2EE
development like Oracle Apps and you, our customers, need.

It also explains things like the entity beans you're asking about here in the
context of what solutions they should and shouldn't be used for, and why.

Hope this helps...

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer