RE: Export a view

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:38:01 -0400

J.Dex,

Do you mean to export the data that the View returns or the sql that
makes up the view?

If it's the data, you can always create a temporary table from the view
and export that table.

Create table view_exp as select * from view_name;

If it's the sql, you can get that from dbms_metadata

Set long 4000
Set trimspool on
Spool view.sql
Select dbms_metadata,get_ddl('VIEW','VIEW_NAME') from dual;
Exit

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.