Re: Exadata cleanup trace/logs/aud/etc files anyone?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 23:19:04 -0400

On 10/30/19 10:50 PM, Chris Taylor wrote:

You know what's interesting/infuriating?  I actually opened an SR asking if Oracle provided scripts to maintain the output files and they told me no.  There are two scripts in the replies that are both referenced by Oracle (either in support or in the Oracle docs) and yet neither was referenced by the tech I was assigned.

Chris

I actually prefer writing my own scripts with logrotate and find.  There are no hidden utilities, no special parameters, just a shell or Perl script to clean it up. It also allows me to institute a common policy for all the instances by searching from $ORACLE_BASE. That looks like this: find $ORACLE_BASE  \( -name "*.trc" -o -name "*.trm" \) -mtime +15|xargs rm -f. All traces in that ORACLE_BASE, older than 15 days will be removed. Traces older than 15 days are unnecessary, by the decree of the FSM.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant