Re: Event dispatcher listen timer

  • From: Ricard Martínez <ricard.martinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:50:22 +0100

Hi
Thanks Taral, but i alredy read the tom article before sending the question,
and still not sure about event, cause the only thing about it in the article
is:

it is a dispatcher startup thing, highly (extremely) unlikely to be
affecting you since the dispatchers would already be up and running when
your application is going.

Its not a very clear definition.

I have search in Reference books of 10g and 11g and this wait event isnt
there. So im trying to find more info about it, without luck, cause in ADDM
report i can see too:

   RECOMMENDATION 1: Application Analysis, 100% benefit (7040 seconds)
      ACTION: Investigate the cause for high "dispatcher listen timer"
waits.
         Refer to Oracle's "Database Reference" for the description of this
         wait event.

   SYMPTOMS THAT LED TO THE FINDING:
      SYMPTOM: Wait class "Network" was consuming significant database time.

               (100% impact [7040 seconds])

But without info about the event, i dont know if this recommendation is
valid or not.