Re: Error starting sqlplus

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:36:45 +0800

The message does assert that ORACLE_HOME hasn't been set.

Check if you are using the correct shell -- eg .profile might have been configured for a Bourne Shell but your account might be running the CShell. Also, if in Bourne Shell, whether you are "export"ing
the variables.

Hemant
At 09:12 PM Monday, John Dunn wrote:

Have just installed Oracle 10.2 on AIX 5. When I run sqlplus as oracle it runs OK. When I run it as another user I get the message below

I thought the environment variables were not set, but .profiles are identical in terms of Oracle values

Any ideas?

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

John

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and