Re: Enabling Flashback DB in Production Databases. - Reverse

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:28:38 -0600

The only reason I can see for enabling this in production is for Data Guard.
These are , obviously, my personal opinions. I don't see many scenarios (if
any) where I would flash an entire production database back as that would
mean data loss.

To turn it off, you need to shutdown, startup mount, alter database disable
flashback database, alter database open.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your