Re: Efficient way to detect lock contention/blocking sessions

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jayaraj.rengarajan@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:00:44 +0800

Build a script using $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utllockt.sql [for which catblock.sql is a pre-requisite]

Hemant
At 12:47 AM Friday, jayaraj rengarajan wrote:

I would like to implement proactive/notification (possibly to the pager and mail) process whenever we see session blockers holding locks. In the worst case scenario, lock contention contributes huge latch wait and application activities become almost hang status.

I would appreciate if anyone in this list implemented a script which runs efficiently as a schedule helping DB administration.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l