RE: Effect of multiple block sizes on performance

  • From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:08:13 +1000

Zip, zero, nada.

Different block size tablespaces are there for transportable tablespace reasons
only.  Both internal testing at Oracle and external testing by the likes of
Anjo have shown there is so little performance benefit from them.  There are
MANY other things to look at for performance tuning first.

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA