Re: RMAN -Help

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:10:54 -0700

The default RMAN scripts created by the NB wizard work fine in most cases.

They do not by default include the 'SEND' line unless you populate it in
the wizard,
and at that, I think it uses the wrong syntax.

The SEND syntax does not seem to work properly with NBU.

The PARMS attribute does work however, as in the following example.

ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00
    TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
parms
'env=(NB_ORA_POLICY=ORA_rsys10_arch_delete,NB_ORA_SERV=rsysnbu,NB_ORA_CLIENT=rsys10,NB_ORA_SCHED=Daily_Ora)';

This is not important or required if there is one database on the server.

I have found that on Windows servers with 2+ databases to backup, the
PARMS attribute
is required, or the backups will fail.

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be a problem on Solaris or Linux.

Jared

Byron Pearce <pearceb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/10/2004 10:51 AM
Please respond to
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: RMAN -Help

Sanjay:

If you're asking about the NB parameters, the ones that you will need to
set are:

    * NB_ORA_POLICY
    * NB_ORA_SERV
    * NB_ORA_CLIENT
    * NB_ORA_SCHED

Put a line similar to the following in your RMAN scripts after the
ALLOCATE, but before the BACKUP commands:

SEND
'NB_ORA_POLICY=prod-db,NB_ORA_SERV=nbusrv,NB_ORA_CLIENT=localhost,NB_ORA_SCHED=manual-full';

Obviously you will need to plug in the policy, NBU server, client, and
schedule names for your environment.  The Unix Admins should be able to
provide you with that information.

HTH