Duplicate production RAC to a staging/test RAC

  • From: oracle <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:09:00 -0400

hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any insights/tips/pitfalls regarding how to duplicate a database from a production RAC environment to a testing RAC environment.

I need a way to make a complete copy of a database in a 3 node RAC and put it into a 2 node RAC on completely different hardware - we give the developers and testing groups a complete copy of production to play with. Today it's all standalone instances but shortly I will need to migrate these environments to the new RAC environments.

thanks