RE: Drop user fails with ORA-01418

  • From: "William B Ferguson" <wbfergus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:05:57 -0700

Chadi,

The BIN$... Object is a dropped trigger (it appears to be anyway), that =
is
in the recycle bin, and apparently the drop user statement seems to be
having trouble deleting the user with an associated object in the =
recycle
bin.

To try and get around it, try going the web-enable enterprise manager, =
the
administration page, then Tables (or actaully any object), filter for =
the
owner of the object, the the recycle bin button appears. Or, from the =
sql
prompt, you can do a "purge dba_recyclebin;" (to empty the recycle bin =
for
all users, or connect as the user and issue a "purge recyclebin;".

I think this will get around the problem you are experiencing.

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team
PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208

~ Think on a grand scale, start to implement on a small scale ~