RE: Dns server retired- listeners hung

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mkurth@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <mkurth@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:07:28 -0400

Mike,

Does your Listener.ora file declare your database server via the name of the
server?  Try changing it to the IP address and see if you get the same
problem.

My guess is that the database server is still using the old DNS server
someplace.  It is not a database problem per-se, but a server problem.  I'm
guess that your network info needs to be updated on your server.  The
listener is calling the DNS services to start & stop itself, and it is
looking for the old DNS server.
Makes sense to me.  But I'm not an admin guy.

Good Luck.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional