Re: Did you checked oracle recover y 2.0

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:43:52 -0600

Juan,

> I found this utility http://www.officerecovery.com/oracle/, to recover

It seems this product works by encapsulating the Oracle recovery
process in a user-friendly front-end.
    I'm trying to figure out who would buy this product. The problem
isn't with a difficult recovery process. The problem is with people
who don't properly back up their Oracle database. Once disaster
occurs, the company is probably going to call on the DBA they should
have consulted beforehand.
    Thanks for mentioning this product on the list. I like to keep
posted on the products that are available.

Dennis Williams