Development question - Trigger to disallow UPDATE without WHERE clause?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:13:52 -0600

Our developers are working on a large project that is going to require a lot of
scripts to convert data and due to an error in one of the scripts one of our
tables was fubar.
So the question came up - is there a way in a trigger or other method to trap
UPDATE statements that do not have a WHERE clause?

I'm searching for this now but wanted to poll the list at the same time.  Off
the top of my head I couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks!

Chris