RE: Development guidelines between DBA & developer

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'AmihayG@xxxxxxxxx'" <AmihayG@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:30:51 -0400

Amihay,

Ideally, the Development DBA should be a member of the design team and
should review all design specs.  The DBA should be the person to design the
database tables and deliver them to the developers.  The DBA should be
available to the developers as a resource for writing PL/SQL objects and
tuning sql.

Hope this helps!

Tom