Detecting xxx fragmentation/corruption?

  • From: "Peter Teoh" <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 22:58:19 +0800

We have this doc (metalink):

Subject:     Script to Detect Tablespace Fragmentation
Doc ID:     Note:1020182.6

to detect tablespace fragmentation.   Can I know if there exists
another for other space usage resources like stored procedures,
indexes, clusters?   (criteria for fragmentation similarly = blocks +
block_id = next block ?)

Where are the stored procedures stored physically?   How do I identify
all the differents blocks belonging to the stored procedures?

Similarly, how do extract out all the blocks for the indexes?   And clusters?

Is there a way to detect corruption (like using dbv) for each of these
structures?   And perhaps identifying the exact blocks that is
corrupted?

Thanks.

--
Regards,