Deleting from SYS tables

  • From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:53:07 -0500

I had a user that deleted records from DBA_JOBS.  Unfortunately, the
application gives the user DBA rights so this is beyond my control.  *I*
know it is bad practice to directly mess with SYS tables, but is there any
documentation from Oracle that spells this out?  Or do they assume that most
apps aren't crazy enough to handout DBA rights?  In any case, I need to
steer some users towards APIs (like DBMS_JOB) instead of using a sledge
hammer.  I'd like a little documentation to back me up.

Thank you,
Jay