Re: Deferred segment creation and datapump

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:29:53 +0100

Hi Norman,

Norman Dunbar schrieb:
> Major fail in my opinion. Other opinions are available, but they are
> wrong! ;-)

First of all, do us a favour and don't mix up old-style exp/imp terms
with datapump impdp/expdp.

For you particular problem do as following:

1) expdp your full user schema(s) as being a dba user (e.g. SYSTEM).
Specify a file for the export, so it will dump all objects there -
dictionary-only entries like deferred tables (which was a feature
introduced for supporting SAP optimally, by the way)
2) Transfer your file as you would do with old-style exp, too
3) impdp whatever you need - for a full transprotation I would always
suggest to do the same way as exporting: Pre-create the empty users, and
then import the full dump with impdp. If you want to import only parts
of the dump, pick all tables you need - it will import them in the same
shape as they are on the box you came from.

Regards
Martin

PS: Using a link for impdp is possible and nice to have, but never was a
 prerequisite for datapump. Anyway, it started working properly quite late.

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de