Re: Debug CRS-4000 failed start with ohasd

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stefano Cislaghi" <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>,"Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:33:20 +0100

Hi there,

There is a good note on mos about troubleshooting grid infrastructure startup-
the title is very similar to this.

Ohas uses the init facility and does not immediately branch into your grid
home. You might find something in /var/log/messages, have a look at the
messages post the restart. Is the file system where the grid binaries are
located mounted read write, and do permissions on the files match what they
were before?

Again the note is where you should start looking-it is useable for a change.

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach