RE: Date when column added?

  • From: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:57:25 -0400

In 10i it's not populated either.

One option, if you are lucky and your new column has "NOT NULL"
constraint (add column, populate column, make it "NOT NULL"), then you
could look at LAST_CHANGE column in dba_constraint to find out at least
when "NOT NULL" constraint was added (which could be close to the time
when new column was added).

Igor