Re: Database instance not started automatically

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meenakshi.aggarwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:25:45 -0400

Meenakshi ,

- check the oradim.log in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database folder.
- check the entry in the registry that points to the pfile

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0\ORA_%ORACLE_SID%_PFILE

e.g.
D:\Oracle\Admin\%ORACLE_SID%\pfile\init%ORACLE_SID%.ora

where %ORACLE_SID% is your SID, assuming that the SID and the db_name
and instance_name are the same.

Paul